Please verify all info for yourself. We are just discussing these topics, and not saying they are fact. You MUST verify yourself! You can register for these online events in advance on our Meetup page.
- Checkout Jennifer Beadles at www.addictedtoroi.com for great rentals and networking.
- Checkout our podcast with Jennifer Beadles at https://seattleinvestorsclub.com/jennifer-beadles-out-of-state-investing-expert-ep-110/
- Jennifer Beadles has a webinar on June 24th that will be put out soon. Checkout addictedtoroi.com for more info.
- Jennifer wrote a nice recent blog of house-hacking based on her personal experience: https://www.addictedtoroi.com/this-one-strategy-has-earned-me-just-shy-of-1000000/
- Julie is still following a lot of what Ken McElroy is talking about. You can too on his website.
- We should all join the Real Kindness group on Facebook
Notes from meeting:
- Nghi Le with Certain Lending says more lenders are coming back into play, but they aren’t coming back with the same numbers. You are paying more for less than you used to. The rates are a lot higher. Also, the LTV is really tough at 65%. And cash outs are not there. If you want to do short term, it’s not too bad, but wait on the longer term stuff.
- We’d like to checkin with custom home builder George Florit
- Justin Stiles says oil prices are going down and the state is thinking about adding more taxes on them. And adds that you should register your rentals with the free PLIA insurance, and let people know. They are stopping the registrations on July 1st. Here’s more info: https://plia.wa.gov/heating-oil-pollution-liability-insurance-program/
- Dave Entz says you can get some money if you have an oil tank with fuel in it.
- Justin Stiles asks: Is anyone having trouble getting rough in permits for electrical?
- Katrina Romatowski asks what the thoughts are on townhomes…
- What is house hacking? You own real estate that you live in, and then the house pays you to live in through the non taxable sale or rental income from other tenants.
- Scott Price talks about what he’s been up to, and how most of his tenants have been paying rent.
- Katrina Romatowski and Jennifer Beadles are also not having any issues with collecting rents.
- You should be careful of buying rentals in areas that are held up by one industry. She also likes no income tax states. – Jennifer Beadles
- Watch the drivers license, and the areas that people are registering new drivers licenses for trends. – Julie Clark
- George Florit works for MN Custom Homes in Kirkland. It’s been a hard market. They had 38 properties under contract when covid started. They are still acquiring more properties. They are the #1 builder on the East Side. It’s because of the books and relationships that they have with the banks.