HOW TO SCRUB A LIST FROM REBO GATEWAY FARM:
IMPORTANT – ANY TIME YOU DO A SORT, MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE DEFAULT, AND/OR MAKE SURE “EXPAND THE SELECTION” IS CHECKED = YES
NOTE: With Rebo Gateway – make sure you pull the Seller name that you are mailing to from Column A. You can rename that column Seller Name and use that for your mail merge that includes their first and last name rather than splitting them up. If it says Dear Paul Jones instead of Dear Paul….who cares! If they want to sell us their property they will call us anyway. TAKE NOTES ON issues/challenges with Rebo Gateway…like splitting up first and last name and also splitting up Street numbers address from Street name…and we can tell them we don’t like it. They will appreciate the feedback.
- Highlight the column for Recording Date – Column BP…or far to the right after the Census column.
- Additionally, highlight the Transfer Value Column G
- Additionally, highlight the Assessed-Combined Value Column H
- From Excel (or MAC style), Sort Column BP (Last Recording Date) by Z to A format (2015 dates show up top first).
- Next, after sorted, highlight all Last Recording Dates that are from 1/1/2011 – current in 2015.
- Next, after highlighted, go back to the left to Column G – Transfer Value. If the transfer value for the highlighted names shows any amount in there, DELETE those names from the list. If the transfer value shows no amount (zero or blank), KEEP those names on the list. Why – a zero value transfer is just an internal family thing…like an inherited property!
- Go to Column H – Assessed Value – Combined. Cut & Paste to Excel Tab 2 (named High Assessed), any name record with Assessed-Combined value of $450,000 or higher. Those we can put on a different list as they are not our ideal target at this time.
- Next, go to Column G – Transfer Value. Cut & Paste to Excel Tab 2 (named High Assessed), any name record with Transfer Value of $450,000 or greater.
- Sort by Seller Name from A to Z order. DELETE all of the following name records:
- All duplicate seller names – sort of easy to see them as your eyes will pick them up as you scan down the list (or find program to do it on “auto”)
- Delete all names with LLC at end
- Delete all names with Properties or Rentals or Inc. at the end
- Delete all Seattle Housing Authority or Snohomish Housing Authority names
- Delete all Bank names: Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America = REO properties we should not mail to
- Delete all line items with no name = name missing. Not worth the time to go find it. Just delete it.
- Delete anything that looks weird at the bottom of the list.