Joe & Julie talk How to get started wholesaling
Send postcard out the door
*This is the most important thing you can do!
* Be yourself
* Take notes
* When do they want to sell?
* Have they thought about where they are going to move to?
County records website
* House research
* Find address
Get help from other local investors
Big tip: WA homeowners act
* Can’t do transactions with distressed homeowner without a Realtor license.
Open escrow and open title report
* Hopefully have title contingency in contract
* Look for red flags on title report
* Make earnest money deposit
Wholesaling a contract, not a property!
Make sure you have a 5 day property inspection
* Have contractor and buyers checkout the property during this period.
No contengencies when you assign your contract. Research for yourself.
Now you need an assignment contact
* Assignment fee
* Deposit, etc.
* Paid at closing from escrow company
You usually will continue to be point of contact with seller.
Make sure you get photos